Thursday, September 25, 2008

Down 13lbs!
Thanks for the push Kari - it is about time we posted! Way to go on the 41+ weight loss girlfriend!! Keep up the awesome job!
I have been doing really good on the eating front but haven't had much time to exercise lately!
I spent $230 on a 6 month gym membership and it expires in October and I have to say I haven't gotten my monies worth - my fault not the gyms! I have decided that at the end of the time period I will spend my money elsewhere and join this center that offers water aerobics instead. My friend Barb has been going up to 5 days and week and has gotten me excited about joining there. I have a treadmill in my house but with the amount of other things I have going on I haven't had the chance to jump on it either which is a shame.

I am down 13 lbs. from when I started this journey again on the low carb way of life. I am down 21 lbs. from Jan. 07 which I know was a long time ago but I think it's awesome that I'm down that much since then.
I have to say my biggest struggle - other than not making exercise a daily priority is my head hunger issues. I have tackled most of it but I have craved and wanted key lime pie now for almost 2 months. I think I will break down and have a piece when I hit 20lbs lost to give myself a treat! and then get back on program.
Okay, sisters - time for a post!! Get with it ~ good or bad!!
Have an outstanding day and LOVE yourself - we beat ourselves up way too much and I think that leads to a lot of weight issues!!!
Have an outstanding day!
Sandy

4 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I'm laughing over your gym membership issues. Back in February, I bought an elliptical machine...just HAD to have it. To date, I've been on it one time for approximately 2 minutes. Thought my heart was going to burst after those 2 minutes so I got off and have yet to step back on it. lol It's all I can do to just walk around my neighborhood with my husband in the evenings (and THAT only happens about MAYBE 3 times a week!). I'm thinking I need to just sell that stupid elliptical and be done with it.

Anywho, glad to hear about your wonderful progress, Sandy! Great job. Feels good to go in the right direction, doesn't it? Twenty one pounds total is a BIG deal. Next time you're at the grocery store, go pick up one of those 5 lb bags of flour. Then imagine carrying over FOUR of those around on your body. It will put your weight loss progress into perspective and you'll know that you have really accomplished something impressive!!!

As to your key lime pie craving...I'm stuck on Cracker Barrel plain hashbrowns. Don't know why, but boy....sometimes it's all I can do not to jump in my car and head on over there for a plate of 'em. I've gotten so focused on them sometimes that I've even had to stop and just laugh at myself. I mean, good grief! Hash browns??? I've really got to start aiming higher, eh? lol

Kari

Justabeachkat said...

Congrats! Every single pound lost is worth celebrating. Keep it up! Kari is insipiring us all. She's doing an amazing job.

Hugs!
Kat

Ginger said...

I had to click on your blog as I was facinated with the title...cute title.
I remember joining the gym and then was embarrased to go.
I joined Curves and about killed my knees trying to do too much too soon.
Losing weight is never ending I think. I love sweets too and can't seem to break the addiction.
Ginger

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Okay, you guys are killing me here. If you're having success, let's get to posting about it. And if you're not, let's get to talking about it to see if we can figure out what the deal is.

I'm with you guys! (I just need to know where you're standing! lol)

Kari