Sandy's Update ~
YIPPEE!! I have to say I'm loving this feeling of eating and feeling full without over eating. I have been on the low carb thing now for 10 days and have lost 9 lbs. My hubby has been on it for 8 days and is down 8lbs. I'm sure he'll pass me on the lbs. soon as most men do. I have to actually make myself eat because I'm usually not hungry. I've gotten over the head hunger which is awesome - actually the Healthy Chocolate that I take has helped with that because it curbs your appetite for sweets. I cannot say that I've missed anything ~ I thought for sure it would be the bread that I absolutely love to eat or pasta but so far I've not missed a thing.
I feel so much better as well - that roller coaster ride I was on daily has all but gone. The ups and downs because I had too much sugar or not enough and now my main goal is to tackle the caffeine in my system. I started drinking way too many sodas again and have to get on top of that.
Well, hope you have a great weekend. Tuesday is my weigh in day so I'll update then!
Sandy
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you (and your husband, too). Hope the weigh in went well.
I used to drink at least 3 20 ounce bottles of coke a day without fail. I quit doing that about 3 months before I joined WW and guess what? I didn't lose a single pound!! Can you believe that?? I used to drink about 2 pots of coffee a day, too, and used coffee creamer constantly. I gave that up about 10 years ago (the creamer, not the coffee), thinking it would help me lose weight but, no - I didn't lose so much as an ounce when I stopped that. I was beginning to think I was just meant to be fat. lol But see? It just goes to show...different things work for different people. And what you're doing sure seems to be working for you so keep it up! How are your sisters doing?
Kari
Great job Sandy and Steven.
Love ya,
Linda
Hi Sandy
Congrats! I haven't been by this blog in awhile. I bet you've lost even more by now. Let me know how you're doing. I did low carb a few years ago and did so well. It's an easy way of life if you stick with it. I did for almost a year and never felt better. Then...I fell off the wagon and can't seem to climb back on. E-mail me and give me some ideas of what you're eating, especially breakfast ideas.
Hugs!
Kat
KEEP IT UP!
Post a Comment