Not too good ~
that's how I've been at updating all of my blogs and well, actually how I've been at my food journal and sticking to my plan. It's amazing how you forget what you've eaten in a day ( I can't remember from morning to afternoon) if you don't write it down. I have several days in my journal that have breakfast and lunch written down but nothing for dinner. I know I didn't miss a meal that night but obviously forgot to write it down. I also have other days that I got the date written and that is about it. Well, it's Monday! A new day! A new week! I ate a lot of yummy food this past weekend between my husbands birthday celebration, my mother in laws birthday celebration, & my in laws 50th wedding anniversary celebration. You can go on over and check out my pics at my other blog here.
I started thinking about this blog this past weekend and how disappointing it might be since we've hardly updated it and it doesn't seem to be filled with posts of huge loses but you wanna know something? It's REAL! It's the real deal! and if you are like me ~ losing weight isn't just a daily struggle it's an hourly struggle. I've thought at least a dozen times in the last week that I should stop Weight Watchers and go to the one thing that has worked best for me and that is the low carb Atkins diet. I lost a bunch of weight and maintained it for 3 years. HOWEVER, I cannot stomach a lot of meat, cheese, and eggs like I did during those 3 years. It's like watermelon - we used to eat it all the time as kids. My dad would cut it open and put it out on the picnic table in the backyard, give us lots of spoons and my sisters and the neighborhood kids would dig in. TOO much watermelon as a kid and it's something I cannot eat now.
Wanna know something else, I'm 10 lbs. heavier now then when I started that diet in 2000 and 35 lbs heavier then when I was at my lowest weight in 2003 but it crept back on slowly.
I've started and quit the low carb thing probably 25 times this year alone.
This time around I wanted to be REAL to myself and get to a point where I was eating to nourish my body, mind and soul and not because something taste good or I'm having a craving for it or just because it's there (like the 3 krispy creme donuts yesterday were just "there" and I ate them)!
So back to it being REAL! It's a real struggle to get it off and keep it off! I know you understand where I'm coming from. I'm trying to keep it real and like I say to my kids sometimes - "get real" when they are being unreasonable - I need to get real about my food journal and sticking to a plan to be healthier!
Today is a NEW DAY! Thank God!
Have a wonderful week. I'll be back to post my weight loss on Friday!
Sandy
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know how you are feeling. I am now losing my last 20 pounds. I have found that exercising is really my main component. If I eat a little more than normal, the exercise usually evens me out! Good luck and I am still going to follow your blog. Dieting is such a hard thing, and I think it helps to read others who are going through it.
Oh girlfriend, I soooo know what you mean! It is hard, especially when our lives are so full and we're on the go so much. I try to do the low carb thing all the time. It's not easy with our lifesytle. We have so much company plus friends who always stop by for drinks, etc.
Hugs!
Kat
Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU for rootin' for me over at the HGTV Design Star Audition page...I really, really appreciate the support! :)
Layla
The Lettered Cottage
I am trying to lose weight too. I have lost 14 pounds since January. Not much, but I have kept it off. My goal is to lose a whole lot more! I really like your site. xoxo Nita
Post a Comment