
I am finding myself wanting to veg out in front of the tv and eat. I am trying to overcome that by cleaning. My house in on the market so cleaning it is not bad in fact it needs a pretty good deep clean. There are a million things I could clean, but at the same time I don't want to fully replace one thing for another. Does that make sense? When I am done cleaning and organizing I will go back to wanting to veg out on the couch. If I play with my kids everytime I'm hungry what do I do when they go to bed? Of course I know I can eat something healthy but I'm trying not to eat if I am not hungry I don't want to feed the "emotion" I have got to figure out a way to own these feelings and deal with them. I so wish I was an "eat to live" person. I am so a "live to eat"person. I am raising two kids that eat to live and I watch them and it fascinates me that they can turn down really great food. "No thanks, I'm full is what they say and everytime it amazes me "what do you mean you don't want chocolate?". Now I am also raising one just like me so I have to be very careful with him.
I believe that excess in anything is not good so I don't want to trade one excess for another. I want to walk on this journey and embrace every bit of it the good & bad the easy & the hard.
Since I haven't figured it out yet I think I will go buy some gum to chew while I clean my house and play with my kids and if I run out of points I will go to bed even if it is only 1:00 in the afternoon.
Have a great day!
Linda
1 comment:
WOW Linda I am so here!! I am the emotional eater if ever there was one. Any emotion good, bad, or ugly sends me diving to the fridge. Not being able to exercise (knee issues) and being surgically menopausal (2 years ago) hasn't helped!! So what's a girl to do ~~ read your blog and be inspired. I am so glad to hear someone else being honest about this very real struugle.
Dawn
Post a Comment